The ECWG delegation met with Karen Nies-Vogel, Chair of the interagency End-User Review Committee at the Bureau of Industry and Security.
Like every year, a delegation of ECWG member companies conducted an outreach in Washington DC with all U.S. government offices involved in U.S. export control policy and U.S.-China trade. On July 31 and August 1 the ECWG delegation had meetings with:
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS);
- U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Technology Security Administration (DTSA);
- U.S. Department of State, International Security and Nonproliferation (ISN);
- National Security Council, Director of Non-proliferation Export Controls;
- U.S. Senate: U.S. China Working Group; various other members;
- U.S. House of Representatives: Committee on Foreign Affairs; U.S.-China Working Group; various other members.
In each meeting, the delegation provided an overview of the ECWG’s mission and goals, past and current projects, and ECWG’s plans going forward.